Tuesday, June 12, 2012

KK Beautiful Yet Scary Looking Cloud

Strange clouds forming above KK skies this morning. Too bad, I didn't realize it on my way to work, probably because I'm driving and feeling a bit sleepy :) I do realized that KK skies was gloomy and without looking at the skies I know that heavy cloud is forming indicating mr.rain is on its way. 

I didn't feel strange because these past few days, KK was blessed with rain from morning till the sun say see you tomorrow. When I reached my workplace around 8.15am, it starting raining heavily but nothing unusual about it as I mentioned earlier.

When I saw these beautiful yet scary clouds popping actively in facebook, aaah... why didn't I look at the sky?

These are not edited, photoshop etc. Apparently, our teacher didn't teach us more about cloud back in high school, bits and pieces I do remember about cloud is the name nimbus, stratus, cumulus, stratus err.. somewhere along that line.

These clouds are known as, Arcus cloud - Shelf clouds :-

'An arcus cloud is a low, horizontal cloud formation. Roll clouds and shelf clouds are the two types of arcus clouds. A shelf cloud is usually associated with the leading edge of thunderstorm outflow; roll clouds are usually formed by outflows of cold air from sea breezes or cold fronts in the absence of thunderstorms.' - Wikipedia








I do not own these photos, I'm not sure who took these pictures because I got them through my friend which also share these pictures from facebook from someone. Nevertheless, the credits goes to KKians :)


0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...