Friday, June 10, 2011

Gawai: Home Cooked Food is the Best

Food is heaven! During Gawai celebration, my family was served with delicacy food! food that cook at home is indeed has a different aroma with it. I love all the dishes.. err except one.


Nasi Pulut - glutinous rice cooked with water in bamboo



Umbut cooked with ikan masin, definitely one of my fav!



Chicken curry - I'm not sure what are the ingredients, but it's not exactly curry, but it's delicious!



Fish cooked with vege



Obor-obor mixed with lime, red chilly etc.. yummy! this is not cooked.



Ikan bilis with lime & green chilly, selling like a hot cake!



pork innards



This is the one I'm talking about, it has a strong smell and taste, yuck! it's chicken feet cooked with daun something (forgot the name), but it's actually good for your health especially for woman who just gave birth.



Another one of my fav! Ikan masin Empirang (fried together with thin slices of ginger), it's crunchy (you can eat everything including the bones) and not so salty, that's why I like it. I ate it like I'm eating cracker.



This is... a must have every time Gawai, Pork Ketchup


When we were back in town, I did enjoy my Mee Kolok Special and Sarawak Laksa, both were delicious! Oh, these were not home cooked of course :)

Mee Kolok Special



Sarawak Laksa


Food, wait for me until next Gawai!

0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...