Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our First Wedding Anniversary

After Christmas celebration on the 25th, we went back to KK on the 26th afternoon. We had our dinner with my hubby's friend, Marisse on that day.

On the 27th, we started our holiday journey to Ranau. It's quite a funny story actually because I don't know which road to take to Ranau. At first, we took the road heading to Tambunan and thank goodness I realized something was wrong before going farther and farther away from KK town. I contacted my besties and they told me to take the Tamparuli road. It took us almost two hours to our destination. 

Lesson learnt: bbq at Kundasang is a very challenging task, make sure you have good quality charcoal, fire starter and even better  fire gun.


We stayed at Kiram's Village. I was quite disappointed with the chalet because they don't allowed BBQ if you took the couple room unless you take the house chalet (for 10-15 person). In the end, we BBQ at the cafe, we rented the BBQ set for rm12. 

That was yesterday.

Today, we woke up around 9am and we went to town to search for atm machine but couldn't find any. Then we drove to National Park because we thought there might be atm machine somewhere there, but it was hopeless, haha. After asking around at the cafe near National Park, it seems that there is bank at Kundasang town, so we went back to the town to take some cash. 

We decided to go to Ranau town without any plan actually, but it's just a 15-20 minutes drive, around 15km far. At Ranau town, we bought a lot of fruit, mango, mangosteen, durian and rambutan. I also bought tempoyak which is my favourite! I saw lot of bambangan but didn't buy any because I don't know how to make the jaruk bambangan.

We drove back to Kundasang town at 12pm and went straight to Desa Cattle. I was so happy because they have the bookmarks and fridge magnets available for sale! hehe, I finished almost rm70++ just for bookmarks and fridge magnets, oh and also two small boxes fresh milk and chocolate flavours.

It was only 2pm and we finished touring Desa Cattle, so hubby said we better go to National Park instead of tomorrow, because we still have some time before night came. At National Park, we paid rm3 for each adult tickets, we drove our car touring around instead of walking, yes we are that lazy, hohoho. 

On the way home to our chalet, we saw strawberry garden and decided to drop by to see if there's strawberry for sale or even strawberry plucking. Too bad, all the strawberry was sold in the morning and there's no plucking strawberry activity offered, huhuhu..

We stopped by Kundasang Memorial Park and spend time there around 30 minutes only because it's started raining. We reached our chalet around 4pm and we were exhausted. 

We just had our dinner just now, I ordered Lamb Chop and Nasi Goreng Ikan Bilis, while hubby ordered Chicken Curry with Rice, we paid rm33 including my Nescafe O and hubby hot Milo. 

What a day, all in all.. I was happy and satisfied with the outcome of our unplanned activity for today :)


0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...