Saturday, March 31, 2012

DIY: Yogurt + Oat Mask

I bought yogurt at Giant, not your regular size yogurt, but it's 1.4kg of yogurt!



I will use it for skincare purposes because this is plain yogurt and the taste is just yuck!

I wanted to try using this recipe as posted by Viva Woman: type of yogurtyogurt+othersyogurt+oatmeal, yogurt+potato+rice flour, yogurt+honey+lime. If you want for more info, just read Viva Woman post, she wrote everything in details and clear guidelines of how to make your own facial mask/ cleanser using yogurt :D


Let's go to how I make my DIY Yogurt +Oat mask :D

You need :-
  1. Oat (1 tablespoon)
  2. Yogurt (I chose non-fat formula for oily skin type) (1 tablespoon)
How to :-
  1. Blend the oat.
  2. Mix the oat and yogurt together.
  3. Put in the fridge at least 15 minutes before using the mask to make it cool. 
  4. Apply it on the face except eye area for at least 20 minutes.
  5. Rinse with tepid water.
  6. Use it twice or thrice weekly.
Oat

Blended oat 

Yogurt

Mix the oat and yogurt together 

The mask is ready! :D
These pictures were taken during my first attempt doing DIY. I use three tablespoons for each
that's why the mask was quite a lot as you see in the picture. 


I only need 1 tablespoon for oat and yogurt because it's enough for my whole face. It's better to keep your mask in the fridge before using it, so that you can feel the cooling effect more effectively. But sometimes, being sucks at waiting, I immediately slather it on my face after mixing it together. I still feel the cooling effect from the cold yogurt actually, so it's okay I guess. hehe..

I don't usually make a large amount of mask for two or three times usage, that's why I only use one tablespoon and use the mask in one go. Everytime I need it, I make one. I use this mask once a week because I have my Magnesium Pack which I use twice a week.

Facial mask shouldn't be used more than thrice a week. It is use to remove dead skin cells but our skin also need time to rejuvenate itself.

So far, I've tried using this mask three times already and it didn't break out my skin, yeppi! After washing it, I noticed my face slightly brighten and fresh. However, I didn't notice any reduce redness on my face as claimed by others using the same recipe mask. emm.. maybe three times is not enough.

Definitely, I will continue using this recipe mask as long as my 1.4kg yogurt occupying my fridge space ^^,


0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...