Thursday, February 9, 2012

CNY Holiday!~


During Chinese New Year holiday, we went back to my hubby hometown from 20th till 28th. The whole week I was there, hubby granted my everyday wishes which was.. durian, durian and durian! Just that, it was more expensive to buy durian in town, around rm10/kg and above, whereas I can buy durian in KK for just rm4/kg! But yeah, I still want it and hubby is really a sweetheart! :D


Tatura Cream Cheese @rm7, Khong Guan Saltcheese Biscuits @rm3, evaporated milk @rm2


Sis-in-law made this layered cream cheese biscuits using Khong Guan Saltcheese Biscuits, Tatura Cream Cheese and evaporated milk. She mixed the cream cheese with milk until it become a smooth paste. She placed the biscuits on first layer and then layered it with the paste.  The thickness of the layered paste depends on you, I like it not too thick because I don't want to feel like I'm eating cheese cream only. There, you have your layered cream cheese biscuits!

After that, just put the layered cream cheese biscuits in the fridge and leave it for at least three hours to allow the biscuits to absorbs the cream cheese paste. The longer you leave it in the fridge, the better it taste. If you eat it within the three hours fridge time, you will eat two things, a biscuit and cream cheese, not layered cream cheese biscuits. I know this because I tried it hehehe...


This is really yummeh-licious biscuits lapis ever!

The taste was so yummehlicious and no, it's not sweet. It looks sweet but it's not because we used evaporated milk and my sis-in-law put the milk just enough to sweeten it.




Slice the layered cream cheese biscuits into small pieces and make a hot cup of coffee, there.. my afternoon will be so.. satisfying :)





One more unique thing that I found during my stay this time was this. Mum-in-law used these 'periuk kera' and put half cooked sticky rice in it and then steamed it until the sticky rice is fully cook!

How amazing these are! I never knew such method exists, I thought periuk kera is only to look-look and see plant. 



About the taste, was it any different from the usual cooking method? I can't really say yes, because I didn't find the taste urm.... strongly different? It was still sticky rice taste. The periuk kera did give a slight aroma to the rice which was pleasant and savory smell, I don't know how to describe it but you won't noticed it anyways if no one told you it was cooked using periuk kera. I noticed the aroma because I was trying too hard to smell it, lol!

Too bad, I woke up late that morning, so I didn't managed to see how mum-in-law cook the sticky rice and put it in the periuk kera. I woke up with food ready on the table... everyday actually, hehe.


1 pokes:

Unknown said...

Morning...
Hye!!
Where can I get Tatura Cream Cheese @rm7, Khong Guan Saltcheese Biscuits @rm3 yaa..in Semenanjung Malaysia area Bangi, Selangor.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...