Saturday, February 11, 2012

What Happened to the Quality?

I only have one kabuki brush which is from Elianto and I love it because the bristles are dense at the same time fluffy and smooth on my face. It's cheap only rm29++ compared to other low end kabuki brush.



But bad things happened. I packed all my makeup in my makeup case whenever I'm travelling. I can't remember when this happened, but I brought my clear colour nail polish and packed it together with the others in my case. It accidently leaked and the victim was my beloved kabuki brush :( I tried a few times to buy it at Elianto shop but everytime I went there, the sales assistant said it was out of stock. Seems everyone is in love with it making it out of stock as soon as they re-stocked it.

Last month, they have the kabuki brush back at Elianto! I quickly bought it when I saw it and I feel happy until I reached home. The moment I applied the newly bought kabuki brush on my face, I noticed something was lack. I checked the first kabuki brush and immediately saw the difference. The new kabuki brush, the bristles are loose compared to the first kabuki brush. I feel like that I don't have the control of the brush movement because the bristles are loose and move around too much. 

Left: The first kabuki brush that I have.                  Right: The second version of it

Obviously, the first one looks denser. Sorry for the dirty brush :D


Since the first one is denser, it holds the minerals in them and I can buff them on my skin better. I have better control over the coverage that I want to achieve. 

I think Elianto has downgraded the quality of the kabuki brush but maintain the same price. I remember still when I bought the first one, the sales assistant was eager to introduce the kabuki brush and said that it's their new product, much improved and it's a hit now. Why they downgraded the quality? Are they trying to cheat the customer by making it denser at first and then after they won the heart of girl like me (sob sob), they downgraded the quality to make more profit from it? I don't know.. huh.. I just feel like that.


My poorly cut kabuki brush


Now, I feel regret ruining my first kabuki brush. When my bestie told me that I can just try to wash the nail polish using nail remover instead of cuting the effected bristles, I feel depress even more.

0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...