Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review: Holika Holika Mineral Aura Bijou, Cream Shadow & Magic Pole Mascara

 I bought these Holika Holika product and write about it in here. Here are my verdicts..


1. Mineral Aura Bijou in Pink Glow






Well, this is cute. Apart from that, it doesn't work on me. Firstly, I can't get the colours on the buff on my first try. I have to try quite a number of times before I got the colours on the buff, but still, it's not enough to make its way to my cheeks. I have to dab/twist the buff with just a right amount of pressure because I'm afraid to break those tiny round colourful balls.. I don't want to break them of course. 

Secondly, when I got the colour onto the buff, I can't get the same amount of colours over the entire surface of the buff. There were some parts of the buff where the colour appeared very well and the others, none at all. It was hard to mix the colour and get the same proportion of colours, so it's better to buff the colour on the back of your hand before applying it directly on the cheeks. It's a tedious job. 

When I put makeup on, I don't wear blusher all the time because I'm okay without blusher. So when I want to use blusher, of course I want a simple and easy application where I just dab a little on the blusher, apply it on my cheeks and buff it using my kabuki brush for a natural looks and I'm good to go. This type of blusher is not for me, the lazy blusher girl.

It's still cute though.

Buy again? No, but this one I'll keep it for collection.

Rate: 2/5


2. Cream Shadow & Petite Liner




It was hard to put this cream shadows on my lids. At first, I put the cream using my finger but I can't control the amount of shadows especially in the inner and outer corner of my eyes, it smeared everywhere which is a mess. 

Then, I tried using brush but the result was even worst. The colour doesn't show up very well. It's better to use finger because it can picks up more cream I guess. So, in the end, I use my finger instead and I just need to dab slowly and fix the mess using Q-tip. 

Surprisingly, the cream shadows stayed all day on my eyes. I wore it at the mall, it's aircon all day, so I'm not sure if it's gonna stay under the sun. All in all, I still like this cream shadows, it's just need a lot of practice to apply it on my eyes perfectly.

Buy again? Yes and No. I'm going to buy it again, but with different colour, just to experiment how it looks on me. No for same colours.

Rate: 2.5/5


3. Magic Pole Mascara






It's a wet formula mascara and the texture is quite heavy. I don't know if I apply it right but as soon as I put it on my lashes, my curled lashes slowly dropped down and lost it curl altogether. My second try (after I removed the mascara and re-apply again), I managed to get my right lashes to stay on its curl shape after I put the mascara on, but my left lashes pointed downward immediately. 

I removed and re-apply the mascara again on my left lashes, but this time, I use the pointed round mascara only and put it on my lower lashes near the eyelid. I figured the wet formula was too heavy for my lashes to hold, and it takes a loooong time to dry. The lashes were slightly dropped down, but not too much. I have to accept the result of my left lashes with its slightly curl condition.. huhu..

So sad, I really want this product to work for me :(

I did return to Holika Holika and told the s/a my problem with this mascara. She told me that I have to put one coat of mascara first and wait for it to dry, then apply a second coat of it. But, I'm pretty sure I did put only one coat of mascara on my lashes the second time I use it, of course this I didn't tell the s/a, I just nodded and said okay. I guess this one just doesn't work for me.


I don't know if the other mascara (the water resistant type) will work on me, but I have to choose waterproof mascara because of my eyes structure. If I use non-waterproof, it will definitely makes me look like a panda by the end of the day.

Buy again? No.

Rate: 1/5



2 pokes:

Unknown said...

Hi there, just came across your blog. I bought some bijou type blush balls before but from a different brand and asked the sales girl how should it be used.Well actually, you are suppose to break the balls into powder.You could choose to break one for a single color or two for a mix of color to either make it darker or lighter according to your liking.

As for the cream eye shadow,I would suggest using an eye shadow primer first before applying the eye shadow for it`s color to how up more.If you already did, maybe try another color?

And also, for the mascara, try wiping the excess off before applying. It would not be too heavy or watery then. Hope it all works well for you:).

very important princess said...

I have that same blusher from holika holika. my dear, u need to break that cute little balls to make it work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...