Sunday, February 26, 2012

Life is short


Today, I had lunch with my colleague friends, it's been a while since the last time I join gathering like this. This gathering was held as a remembrance for our dear friend who passed away few weeks ago due to accident. Everyone was shocked when the news got them, it took a while to digest and accept it that he was no longer with us. Me, myself didn't took the news so seriously at first, I hope that it was just some miscommunication somewhere in between.

Even when the news was confirmed by his family members, I still can't believe it, not just me, my besties, friends and no need to mentioned his family, of course. It reminds me that life is short. I didn't give a damn about those sentence, life is short, yeah, it is short, so?. He had planned everything. He was planning to get engage in a few months, he had bought new furniture, he just got promoted and a promising career ahead. All was according to plan. I was really sad knowing these things. I need to see my dear friend for the last time, not only to give him last respect, but to really confirm with my own eyes, that he was gone, no longer here, not able to call him with his nickname anymore. Once I saw him, eyes closed, hands clasped, laid still in there, it took a few minutes more to take everything inside me and slowly... one by one subsided, I believe, he was truly gone forever. 

Now, ever since the incident took place, I always think that I may not live tomorrow, to do the things that I promised I would do, to feel and move things the way I want it, to say I love you to my loved ones. I may not have the chance tomorrow. The things that we took for granted because we say there is tomorrow, so tomorrow it will be. Every morning when I wake up, I have these thoughts. I want to do the things that I enjoy, I long to be with my hubby, I want to wake up to his face every morning, I want to feel the day feeling tired and coming home together with him, I want to sleep beside him and no longer feeling afraid even if I had bad dream. I know that this distance is temporary, but after my friend incident, temporary may take a while and I would may not lasted any longer than a while. After all, life is short.

Until we meet again, dear friend.


0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...