Sunday, February 26, 2012

Haul: MakeupGeek

Yay! I received this last week, can't remember exactly when but I think I received it within two weeks from the date I've ordered. I'm super excited to open this package!



Yay!!!

Ta-daa

The lip gloss & brushes were nicely wrapped using bubble cover

Oh my :D


1) Ardell False Eyelashes InvisiBands Fairies @rm13

Ardell False Eyelashes Invisibands Fairies @rm12++ [US$3.99]


2) Ardell False Eyelashes No.110 @rm13

Ardell False Eyelashes No.110 @rm12++ [US$3.99]



3) Palladio Herbal Treatment Concealer - Green @rm18

Palladio Herbal Treatment Concealer in Green @rm17++ [US$5.50]



Description:
A fusion of scientifically proven skin treatments, these vitamin-enriched concealers aid in reducing puffiness, eliminating the build-up of toxins around the eye areas, and masking various skin flaws. Choose the shade closest to your natural skin tone for everyday coverage; Yellow for camouflaging bluish pigments such as dark circles and bruises; or Green to disguise red blotches caused by acne and Rosacea

I have red blotches around my nose area. The red blotches are so obvious and it started last year I think. (aargggh.... I'm becoming older and older) I do have other concealer, my Clinique Airbrush Concealer and my MAC concealer, but ehehehe I never have any GREEN concealer before.



4) NYX Mega Shine Gloss - Beige @rm18

NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Beige @rm17++ [US$5.59]


Lovely pink and it's pigmented


I heard a lot of reviews for NYX lip gloss, mainly it's a good stuff. I don't really fancy this lip gloss, I don't know, but I may give it a few more tries before saying anything bad because I just wore it once. The first time I put it on my lips, I realized the stickiness of it. Most of my lip gloss are sticky and I don't have a problem with it, but not this one. 

The colour? I should not have chose this colour, it didn't suit me Y__Y .. Don't get me wrong, the colour is beautiful and so pigmented as you can see in the picture above, but I just can't wear this colour for everyday office look. huhu.. I can't go to work with my obviously-shining-pink-sticky-lips in front of consultant/client, can I?



Brushes!

Gurls, wash your new brushes!


I'm glad they put this note to wash the brushes before using it. The MakeupGeek (MUG) brush has a medium-soft bristles but I felt something sharp pocking here and there when I brushed it on my eyelid the first time. But after I washed all the brushes, they become much softer than before, especially the MUG brush, and there is no sharp pock anymore. 

At first, I don't know whether I should get the MUG or the Essence of Beauty (EOB), it is clearly stated on the description box that both brushes is a crease brush. I was planning to buy the MUG brush only, but the EOB brush has a lot of good reviews compared to the MUG, so I thought I should get both! :D


5) MakeupGeek (MUG): Pointed Crease Brush @rm13

MakeupGeek: Pointed Crease Brush @rm12++ [US$3.99]

It is denser but shorter bristles compare to EOB crease brush.

Description:
This brush is great for getting in the crease of the eye! It is light weight and easy to handle! The bristles are soft but durable to blend color or put heavy amounts of color on the eye! A must have for every makeup artist! 

As I mentioned before, after I washed it, the  bristles  become softer and no sharp pocks here and there. I don't have anything particularly to say about this MUG brush, it is working as a crease brush as it supposed to.


6) Essence of Beauty: Crease Brush Duo, @rm35

Essence of Beauty: Crease Brush Duo @rm34++ [US$10.99]



Descriptions:
These brushes are perfect for defining the outer V, smudging under the lashline, and blending any harsh lines. 


The Essence of Beauty-Crease Brush Duo come in set consist of two crease brushes, a larger and a smaller brush. The larger brush is almost the same with the MUG brush, only the  bristles  is longer compare to MUG. I really love using this brush for my outer V and the  bristles are so soft! It is safe to say it's quite near to MAC brushes standard. 

The smaller brush is a perfect choice if you want a very DEFINE crease line. This smaller brush is a lot stiffer and condensed. Well, it is for defining crease line, but I won't use this to smudge eyeshadow or eyeliner under my lashline. I found it too harsh on my delicate lashline skin. 



Comparison:


Left to Right: EOB - smaller crease brush, EOB - Bigger crease brush & MUG brush


The Essence of Beauty brushes are softer than the MakeupGeek. Both brands works well for a crease brush. Between these two brands, personally, I would buy the Essence of Beauty sets because the bristles  are softer. 



Content: -

This product contained: -

Delivery Time: The parcel reached me within two weeks from the date I purchased.
Where to buy: All item bought at MakeupGeek. They do post internationally, affordably :D (jeez.. I sound like a promoter). I paid all the item for US$44 (including shipping and handling US$7.95) using Paypal :D


0 pokes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...